Receptionist wanted for historic Straand Hotel in beautiful Vrådal, Telemark
Straand Hotel is growing and is looking for positive, reliable, structured, flexible and responsible people for our reception. We are looking for part-time employees for our reception (every second weekend and holidays).
If you enjoy working at a high pace, have a passionate relationship with the hotel industry, and like working in teams, this may be the job for you.
We are mainly looking for a responsible and dedicated person who wants to provide good service to our guests. Knowing the area around the hotel and being able to tell our story to our guests are qualities we value.
The hotel is open all year round and our guests come from all over the world. Our guests are family and leisure guests, HUB Riding guests, tour operator guests and course and conference guests so there is great variation between what happens from day to day, month to month and between the different seasons. In the summer we also have many bicycle, car and motorcycle enthusiasts, we are a Bikers Welcome hotel and have developed a new concept called www.hubriding.no.
This is you:
- Holds the role of host and is a service-minded person who is genuinely concerned about quality in the guest experience
- Solution-oriented and good at keeping calm in stressful situations
- Preferably previous experience as a receptionist or from the hotel industry
- Genuinely interested in the hotel industry and the hotel's history
- Fluent in one of the Scandinavian languages, both orally and in writing.
- Enjoys working in teams and alone
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Check-in and check-out of our guests
- Perform good hospitality to all our guests
- Answer mail, messenger and phones
- Register bookings of individual reservations and group reservations
- Cash handling
- Additional sales and resale
- Be helpful in other departments when needed, which includes our piano bar.
- Must have knowledge of outlook / gmail and excel.
We can offer:
- A good working environment with knowledgeable and committed colleagues.
- The opportunity to take part in further developing Straand in a new phase in Straand's long history
- Competitive conditions for the right person.
Our vision is to be the most complete accommodation for travelers in Telemark where we leave traces with our guests and where it will be a good place to work for many generations to come.
About the employer:
In the heart of Telemark, in a postcard landscape with rolling cliffs, beautiful beaches and nationally romantic mountains, lies the historic Straand Hotel and looks out over Lake Nisser and the village of Vrådal. It is a short distance to Vrådal from both the south, east and west, and here you can swim, hike or climb the mountains, cycle, play golf, fish, go on a lock tour with the veteran boat M/S Fram or find your own bathing spot in the inland archipelago the summer. In winter, you can unwind in the alpine resort and ski slopes or relax in the hotel's wellness department. The hotel started as a shuttle station in 1864. Today it is owned and run by the fourth and fifth generations of Straand. The old timber walls in the hotel offer a nostalgic journey back in time, while Straand offers modern facilities and a well-equipped conference department. The hotel is an excellent starting point for discovering beautiful Telemark. A small piece of Norway in miniature.
The employer can be helpful in obtaining housing in the area.
Please mark your application with "full time" or "part time".
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
For questions, contact Johanna Sollund on tel. +47 900 21 675