Restaurant manager wanted for historic Straand Hotel in beautiful Vrådal, Telemark
Are you our new restaurant manager?
We are looking for a professionally skilled, service-minded and committed person for the position of restaurant manager at our hotel. We are looking for a positive, reliable, structured, flexible and responsible person with long experience from the hotel and restaurant industry. If you enjoy working at a high pace, have a passionate relationship with good food and drink, and enjoy working in teams, this may be the job for you.
We are mainly looking for a creative and committed person who wants to put a lot of work into making their mark here with us. Knowing the area around the hotel and telling the good story to our guests is important.
The hotel is open all year round and our guests come from all over the world. Our guests are family and leisure guests, tour operator guests and course and conference guests so there is great variation between what happens from day to day, month to month and between the different seasons. In the summer we also have many bicycle, car and motorcycle enthusiasts, we are a BikersWelcome hotel and have developed a new concept called www.hubriding.no.
WORK TASKS include:
• Further development of our F&B concept
• Excellent service to all our guests
• Participate in developing and implementing marketing and additional sales strategies
• Lead and carry out events and companies
• Restaurant manager must plan operations in a rational and economical way and ensure that event bookings are correct, in close collaboration with the booking and kitchen manager
• Personnel management
• Be environmentally and attitude-creating to ensure a positive working environment
• Invoice management
• Time reports
• Daily operations
• Responsibility for financial goals, budget, reporting and achieving measurable results
This is you:
• Holds the role of host and is a service-minded person who is genuinely concerned about quality in the guest experience
• Previous experience as a restaurant manager, possibly foreman or other significant position of responsibility within the restaurant / hotel industry.
• Certificate as a waiter and long experience from hotels and restaurants
• Genuinely interested in food and drink with high competence in drinks, especially beer and wine, preferably sommelier education.
Fluent in one of the Scandinavian languages, both orally and in writing.
• Good financial understanding that balances price, product and quality in a profitable way
• Ability to build good teams where you make each other good and cheer on each other
• Good knowledge of current requirements within HSE and Internal Control.
• Documentation of a completed liquor test.
We can offer:
• A good working environment with knowledgeable and committed colleagues.
• Career opportunities in a one-hotel concept that is under development.
• The opportunity to participate in further developing Straand in a new phase in Straand's long history
• Competitive conditions for the right person.
Our vision is to be the most complete accommodation for travelers in Telemark where we leave traces with our guests and where it will be a good place to work for many generations to come.
About the employer:
Right in the heart of Telemark, in a postcard landscape with rolling rocks, beautiful beaches and national romantic mountains, lies the historic Straand Hotel and overlooks Lake Nisser and the village of Vrådal. It is a short way to Vrådal from both south, east and west, and here you can swim, hike or climb in the mountains, bike, play golf, fish, go on a lock trip with the veteran boat M / S Fram or find your own bathing spot in the inland archipelago if in the summer. In winter, you can unwind in the ski resort and ski slopes or relax in the hotel's wellness area. The hotel started as a shuttle station in 1864. Today it is owned and operated by the fourth and fifth generation Straand. The old timber walls of the hotel offer a nostalgic journey back in time, while Straand offers modern facilities and a well-equipped conference department. The hotel is an excellent starting point for discovering beautiful Telemark. A small piece of Norway in miniature.
Application deadline: Soon.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Lars Arne Straand on tel. +47 916 76 934